Medical company currently seeking an experienced and qualified Practice Manager for our Tampa Primary and Urgent Care Clinic.
The candidate is eligible to begin immediately upon the successful interview process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring office communication and performance to ensure that front desk, referrals, and care promoter teams operate in an efficient, accurate, and customer-focused manner
- Train office staff in regard to Medicare, HIPAA compliance, and OSHA
- Address and resolve customer service and team member issues
- Collaborate with team leaders to conduct performance elevations and complete required disciplinary actions
- Monitor the number of patients and wait times to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out
- Ensure the accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests, and patient records. Works in partnership with the Sales and Marketing COE in developing strategies to increase and retain membership
- Patient satisfaction and reviews
- Time cards monitoring and assisting with payroll as needed
- Team member work schedules for front desk staff and provider schedules, have a backup plan if anyone calls off
- Maintains an awareness of the competitive healthcare environment; actively drives sales and ensures that level of service exceeds all other healthcare providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at the medical director's discretion.
- Works with medical director and providers to assist with scheduling meetings with patients and/or writing letters to/for patients.
- Review reports ensuring target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed.
- Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
- Conducts walk-through of the clinic to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of the back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste, and medicine disposal.
- Conducts training and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensures annual OSHA training occurs and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
- Monitor transportation and housekeeping activities.
- Monitor and/or alters team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations, and monitoring HEDIS measures.
- Applies a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes to problem-solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve people, process, and systems resolutions before increasing costs and complexity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, Google Workspace, or related software
- Prior experience/knowledge in the use of different EMR systems
- Ability to compile information and make decisions
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
-Must be efficient working alone and in a group setting, reliable, and self-starter
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a background check
Experience and Education:
- At least two years of prior Management experience working in a Primary and Urgent Care office setting
- Must have prior knowledge/ experience working with different EMR systems
- Must be good at handling claims
- Efficient in handling referrals
- Billing/Coding experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Healthcare Administration, Management, Nursing or a related field.
- HIPAA, OSHA, BLS, ALS Certification is a plus
- Must be able and willing to commute daily to the Clinic location and/or travel according to the needs of the business
Job Type: Full-time/Salary
- Monday- Friday
Pay varies based on previous experience and education.