We are seeking a key leader with experience in healthcare in our quickly growing Accounting team. In this role, you will help manage the revenue recognition, billing and collections processes. A major responsibility of this job is to obtain payment from insurance companies to enhance cash flow and gather reimbursement . To support BeeperMD's growth, you will help to lead the implementation of revenue systems, assist in designing our revenue control environment, and develop new and improved existing revenue processes and policies. Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision-making team members and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter who can be assertive in the recovery of account receivables. This person will strive for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment and the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and lead our team to deliver results.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for revenue operations including managing internal revenue reporting and preparing recurring invoices
- Oversee the billing function encompassing medical coding, charge entry claims submissions, payment posting accounts receivables follow-up, reimbursement management.
- Monitor insurance claims and contact insurance companies to resolve claims
- Serve as the expert and go-to person for all coding and billing processes.
- Plan and direct patient insurance documentation required for complete and accurate claims processing, billing and collection, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection by third-party claims processing.
- Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow-up on any issues.
- Prepare and analyze accounts receivables reports, and weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Design and implement effective denial response procedures, communication protocols and reporting to be carried out by third-party billing service providers.
- Audit current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensure that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines and requirements.
- Analyze trends impacting charges, coding, collection and accounts receivable, develop and execute action plans to revise policies and procedures.
- Supervise billing personnel including work allocation, training and oversight.
- Review contracts and ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Implement systems and processes related to new and existing service lines to ensure scalable revenue procedures
- Revenue accounting and documentation for all service lines.
- Lead monthly close process for revenue-related areas (revenue,accounts receivable, unbilled revenue, bad debt expense, allowance for bad debt, etc.) in QuickBooks
- Manage information requests for external audits as necessary
- Manage month-end revenue close process including revenue analysis
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures related to revenue
- Proactively assist in structuring unique transactions while satisfying GAAP requirements for revenue recognition
- Create audit-ready memos for significant and non-standard sales contracts/sales or marketing programs and lead external auditors in connection with revenue-related audit procedures
- Support enhanced development and implementation of additional features in our billing system
- Monitor processes around key accounting estimates for revenue recognition
Your Background Should Include
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years in revenue recognition required, with a minimum of 2+ years in the healthcare industry
- In-depth knowledge of revenue recognition guidance under ASC606
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Proficient Excel and G-Suite skills
- Ability to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across business groups and functions
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Should be able to effectively lead critical deadlines
- Should be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our Company
- Track record of performance in a face-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong day-to-day project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) preferred.
Job Type: Full time
Pay: $80,000 - $150,000 / year